Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Cookie Marathon: An Introduction

I just finished decorating the Christmas tree. This year we got a string of LED lights to conserve energy. My dad is an electrical engineer and happens to explain with pride how much more energy efficient it is as well as the different temperature levels of each color every time someone mentions the new lights. Other new ideas included Dogbert as a fourth wise man and a frog tree topper.


While the tree is an attempt to make the house look festive, I am about to embark on my real Christmas agenda. Christmas cookies. I have always made cookies from scratch; even the 7 dozen+ Italian cookie recipes. The next couple of entries will be dedicated to:

  • The trials and tribulations of making large batches of cookies in a short amount of time
  • How to get your other family members to participate
  • Complete recipes with a photo
  • Warnings and/or Helpful Hints

Well I've got 10 days before Christmas to create at least 7 different batches of Christmas cookies. Let the games begin!

1 comment: